Monday, December 28, 2009

Bring It On!

“Do not show partiality in judging; hear both small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for judgment belongs to God. Bring me any case too hard for you, and I will hear it. And at that time I told you everything you were to do.” Dt. 1:17-18

I have never read this verse before or if I have it didn’t carry the same weight in my heart as it did this morning. Another example of His daily bread being served to us fresh! It is so easy to judge people, to measure ourselves against others and to determine other’s responsibility in our circumstances.

I sometimes exhaust myself from trying to play judge and jury in dealing with my unmet expectation of others. Somehow I tend to lose myself in the middle between the altar and the door as the song from Casting Crowns states. I rise from the altar of humility, repentance and a fresh word from God only to lose it in my mind before my feet hit the pavement. Why does the mind of man have to be so deceitful? This verse tenderly states that in our judgment there will be instances that are too hard for us to reconcile and that God expects us to bring them to Him. He has all of the evidence and will hear our case. He will guide us into truth, action and resolve if we trust in His justice and faithfulness.

We are to maintain an open mind, a kind heart and a forgiving spirit towards others instead of being closed minded and unforgiving which threatens a spirit separated from God.

Through this verse I joyfully take comfort as I hear God saying, ‘Bring it on!’

No comments: