Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Framing Life

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.” Isaiah 26:3

One process that I really enjoy is the process of framing a picture for which I have connected. I spend time looking deeply into the picture in an effort to draw attention to certain beauties within its landscape. The mats must be carefully chosen to bring out certain subtleties and the selected frame with the purpose of encompassing the beauty as a whole.

Our first verse talks about having a steadfast mind. The Hebrew translation for mind is “frame.” I cannot think of a better image for our mind as it relates to the level of peace in which we will experience. As we approach situations and circumstances we frame their contents with our thoughts, our ideas and our emotions. We build this “supporting structure” around everything based on how we think. Once we have framed the events of our lives, we hang them in the hallway of our hearts displaying the manner in which we have approached them.

The importance of framing these events through the mind and heart of God is paramount in obtaining peace in all situations. If every event is framed with the steadfast truth of God’s word we will align ourselves to obtain a constant peace and unwavering belief in resolution and deliverance. A steadfast mind is a “firm and unwavering belief in purpose, loyalty and resolve.” God promises all of this and more but we can only have this possession by following His word in framing our situation.

A former battle has arisen in my family again and my old emotions, fears and scars have been resurrected, but God has lay upon my heart and mind different framework this time around. My new framework has a Psalm 143 luster which will hang in the hallway of my heart through this battle.

I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Answer me quickly, O LORD; my spirit fails…Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go…lead me on level ground…bring me out of trouble.” Psalm 143:5-11

Framing your adversities with past graces and future faith will always create a picture of beauty!

No comments: