Thursday, November 11, 2010

Belonging

“He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear God is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:47

Throughout the Bible we testify to the divine encounters between God and mankind. We learn of the encounter between God and Moses at the burning bush. We read about how Noah encountered God and carried out His desire to build an ark. We are blessed by the encounter of Mary, mother of Jesus and the angel of the LORD. God has revealed Himself to mankind since the beginning of time. Relationship has always been at the base of the heart of God. God has spoken through unique ways to individual people through their pursuit of an intimate relationship with God.

Based on Experiencing God – Knowing and Doing the Will of God, the four essential truths in these divine encounters are accessible for every Christian.

-When God speaks, it will be unique to our relationship with Him. We will not have a burning bush experience. Moses’ revelation was unique to him just as our experience will be unique to us. For me, it was a writing experience through which He spoke.

-When God speaks, we will know it is God. Moses didn’t say, ‘Who is there?’ ‘How is this bush burning?’ It was only when I began pursuing fellowship with God daily that He revealed His will for me to work on Grandmother’s book. I knew it was God speaking to me.

-When God speaks, we understand what He is saying. Moses didn’t say, ‘What is this burning bush trying to show me?’ In 2007, when I read through Grandmother’s journal searching for what God was trying to show me I read an entry she had recorded on July 31, 1997. She wrote, “At hand, however is the completion of this book - that is doing my part on it. The financing, getting an agent, getting it published and distributed is God’s work. He has promised to take care of it. I rest on Him.” It was at this point I realized what God was saying to me.

-When God speaks, we will have a divine encounter with God. Upon reading that entry, I dropped to my knees in humility that I was encountering God within the divine encounter for which my precious grandmother had encountered God.

God cares first about relationship with His children. The recognition and message will come as a result of fellowship with God. He will reveal who He is through the uniqueness of who we are.

No comments: