Wednesday, November 24, 2010

'I Tell You The Truth...'

“I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.’” Matthew 17:20-21

I love how God searches our heart and answers even if we have only formed the question in our sub-conscious mind. This morning while doing my Bible Study I got to the passage above and felt discomfort deep in my spirit. I knew intuitively what the problem was when reading these verses. When both of my family members were ill our family had this unshakable faith. Our faith was more than a mere mustard seed believing not only could we make our mountain fall but through our faith heaven and earth could move. After the death of my sister and dad this passage always brought a hypocritical feeling to my soul when reading it. In God-form He led me into revelation and understanding which removed this barrier from between us.

According to Scripture, God always initiates the call of His children to accomplish great things requiring this faith to move mountains. He called Moses to deliver His children from bondage, and He called Joshua to conquer the cities advancing to the Promised Land. Throughout the Bible God initiated and implemented His plan through His children. Their response was determined upon their faith. If God always moves first and initiates, then Matthew 17:20-21 is trustworthy for me. This passage is more relative to our response to a ‘God-calling’ than our desire for something to occur. If God calls, impresses upon or reveals it doesn’t take but a little faith to accomplish His calling. Mustard seed faith is the amount of faith required since God has put His plan in motion.

My desire for Beth and Daddy’s healing was my agenda instead of a call from God to accomplish something. God had a divine plan for them from which He did not detour. If something is at our own initiation and we implement our faith, there is no Scriptural support that our mountain will move. As Jesus prayed, ‘Thy will be done’.

The failure to pray for God’s will first may be a recipe for a fracture in our faith. We cannot proclaim things that God hasn’t first initiated and shown us as truth. We must wait on Him first to reveal which will anchor our faith. ‘If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously.’ Deut. 18:20,22

Thank you Father for showing me the truth of your Word this morning proving it's trustworthiness. Amen.

No comments: