Friday, March 19, 2010

His Glorious Body

“Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus...But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.” Phil 3:13, 20

The last night of Daddy’s life was an experience I will hold in my heart forever. He laid there resting peacefully as his breathing became quieter and the rhythm became slower. His peaceful face and the darkness of the room gave me such a surreal feeling. There was something very sacred and holy in that experience. It was like I was invited to witness the moment he took hold of Christ’s hand and was pulled into true citizenship – the home to which he had been traveling his entire life. I knew as he drew his last breath on this side he was created in a glorious body the next second on the other side.

My dad was an amazing man and a powerful example of Christ. He has been called heavenward and has a new home, an everlasting home with golden streets and gates of pearls. He is walking with precious family members who have gone before him.

He was present as I made my way into this world and I was present as he made his way into the eternal world.

No comments: