Thursday, March 4, 2010

Unsearchable Things...

“’Let’s make a small room on the roof and put in it a bed and a table, a chair and a lamp for him. Then he can stay there whenever he comes to us.’ Elisha said to him, ‘Tell her, “You have gone to all this trouble for us. Now what can be done for you?” Then Elisha said, ‘About this time next year… you will hold a son in your arms.’” 2 Kings 4:10, 13, 16

Oh, how I love when the Word speaks to a specific request. This morning during my prayer time I asked God to show me if bringing my father-in-law here was His will or our reaction from our emotions. When challenges arise in any situation I always wonder if God is using that challenge to grow me or if I went against His will in the endeavor. I always ask for confirmation along the way as “a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” (Psalm 119:105) I always make room in my decisions for God to reveal mistakes made along the way so I may take the required actions to correct them.

This morning I feel that God confirmed through this passage that we are to use our spiritual gifts to show our hospitality to others in need. This passage states one of God’s promises woven throughout the Bible. Do the work of the Lord as He determines and blessings will follow.

I can’t help but to wonder what blessing I will be holding in my arms next year. God has so many blessings for us at the proper time. Will ‘the son’ be a different arm of ministry? Will it be something I never even thought about?

I will praise Him for the opportunity of service to my father-in-law and will eagerly await His Jeremiah 33:3 promise…

“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”

No comments: