Monday, March 8, 2010

His Spirit

”Now the LORD is Spirit, and where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is freedom.” 2 Co. 3:14

Thursday I went to visit my Mother and Dad. When I walked into their bedroom I was taken aback regarding the degree of Daddy’s decline in one week. I felt myself on the verge of tears until I looked over and saw my Mother’s face. She had this radiant smile and peaceful eyes which peered deeply into mine. I could feel her spirit transferring peace and comfort to me. I have grown up with this wonderful spirit in my Mother who could provide hope with a smile and comfort will a look. I was instantly comforted and had peace the rest of the night.

The same is true of our Father in Heaven. The more we allow Him to take up residence in our hearts the more of His Spirit we experience. We become accustomed to His parenting, His love and His protection. His Spirit, the Holy Spirit frees us from despair and sadness as He replaces our fears with His freedom. If we are experiencing fear or worry in any circumstance, we have withheld that area of our hearts from His Spirit. The Spirit cannot work its healing freedom in areas we are clutching so tightly. It is our responsibility to open our spiritual fist and release the fear that so tightly binds us.

By surrendering every area of our lives, we pick up the peace of Christ. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.” Col. 3:15.

Through releasing we obtain

No comments: