Monday, March 22, 2010

We Are His!

“As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: ‘You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.’” Mark 1:10-11

The image of this passage is such a beautiful exchange between Father and Son. The baptism of Jesus was God’s plan fulfilled in its most beautiful form. I know the beauty of the sun breaking through the clouds as unparalleled colors splash over the skies. I can’t imagine the view above when this verse came into reality. Did everyone witness the Spirit descending upon God’s chosen? Was the glory of the Spirit so bright they all had to turn away to not be blinded? Did the voice of God cause the ground beneath their feet to rumble or shake?

This I know…the Father was prouder than any parent could ever be. He had created Jesus for a purpose and that purpose was realized through love, obedience and surrender to His Father. As my dad approached heaven I know that the gates exploded and His Father said, ‘You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.’

We are all afforded this father-child relationship as God doesn’t show favoritism. “…I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.” Acts 10:34.

May we all hear in our Spirit those precious words from our Father, ‘You are my mine whom I love; with you I am well pleased.’

No comments: