Monday, March 1, 2010

The Winds of Adversity

“For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say, ‘I belong to the LORD’; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, ‘The LORD’s’; and will take the name Israel.” Isaiah 44:3-5

I just love the Word of God that clearly speaks, guides and comforts. This morning I arose very thirsty in a parched land. Between my dad and my father-in-law I am surrounded with daily decline and diminishing health. My daughter has been placed in the situation of single parent as her husband has relapsed and left home. My son is in the process of graduating from college with no job and my daughter is transferring home and facing lots of new beginnings. My husband and I are in a very thirsty season but God took all of my anxieties this morning and responded with His sweet words. Only God can wrap up a multitude of mind staggering concerns in a concise little package of Scripture with a powerful punch!

I read some statements on a friend’s Facebook wall which states:

I will trust in God that all is well and all is going according to plan. I will trust that there is a bigger picture. I will trust that life is unfolding as it should.

When our lives seem to be marching towards the raging sea of despair and adversity, let us never forget that we are the chosen children of God just as the Israelites. Just as we would not turn our back on one child over the others, God will not turn His back on us. “…and all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on the dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.” Exodus 14:21

Remember, the winds of adversity may be the very winds from God that are making the waters part for your journey. Trust in the Wind!

No comments: