Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lasting Fruit

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last.” John 15:16

I am always amused at the statement that ‘you don’t choose your family.’ While very true I must proclaim that I couldn’t have chosen a more precious family! I thank God every day for the spiritual champions under which I have been raised. I pray for those who have not had the spiritual opportunities that I have. But, there is great news no matter which family we belong to.

God chose every one of us before we were born and has raised us up through His will and appointment. We were created with an original purpose that only God knows. As we pursue a deeper connection with Christ, our purpose for this life is revealed. Through revelation and prayer we follow our lead through the Holy Spirit who energizes us to bear fruit from the purpose of our lives.

Bearing fruit that lasts is the hallmark of a Christian life. The results from the heart of a fully yielded Christian will always yield lasting fruit. A fully yielded life produces fruit that loves and comforts, fruit that holds and encourages and fruit that looks like Christ.

We were chosen and appointed by God as spiritual equals to each other. We all have the ability to be spiritual champions with a lasting impact on others.

No comments: