Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tongue Hangovers

“I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land. I will tend them in a good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel will be their grazing land, and there they will feed in a rich pasture on the mountains of Israel.” Ezekiel 34:12b-14

It never fails to amaze me how quickly I fall off the mountain of good grazing. I am living my life one day at a time and wake up one morning with a tongue hangover. This is a hangover in which my tongue has wagged against another in a way that is offensive to Christ. I know immediately when I have not taken the high road and have allowed the action of another to lure me from the good pasture, the pasture which feeds, nourishes and grows me as a daughter of royalty.

We all have access to this wonderful land of grazing in Christ. He has provided an area where we are free in Him to ask, to seek, to take offenses against us to the ultimate Judge. “I will shepherd the flock with justice.” Ez. 34:16b

By taking the high road we will not miss out on the richest of fare. We will have total access to the land which yields the fruit that is sweetest on our lips. "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Gal. 5:22

I hate the taste that tongue hangovers leave in my mouth. Let us take the path that leads to the mountaintop where we will find the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and enjoy the fruit that leaves a sweet taste in our mouths.

No comments: