Friday, March 5, 2010

My Prayer

“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul…Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me…my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” Psalm 23:1-6

Sweet Father,
In this time You will tend to me and satisfy every need. You close my weary eyes when I need to escape. You lead me into peacefulness in a very chaotic season. You replenish the energy, peace and joy that this season attempts to rob me of as sadness and illnesses march on. I see the reflection of death being cast in this valley, butI know that death on earth is a mere counterfeit for life in Heaven. I am not afraid of losing another for your grace has been sufficient and will continue to be available to me in excess. Your presence and love comfort me each morning as I approach Your quiet waters. I pull my chair up to the table and nestle closely to you to ensure I do not miss one drop of your goodness and love. You drench me with your mercy and compassion until my heart overflows. Because You are love there is nowhere I can go where Your love doesn’t follow. I will dwell with You and You with me this day and forever.

Amen and Amen.

No comments: